antelope sees a predator at a safe distance, it will stot ,
leap high into the air. This not only communicates
to other antelopes
that danger is near, but also communicates to the predator "I see you,
and I am healthy enough to run away, so don't even bother chasing me."
-- Artificial Intelligence, A
graduated from National University
of Singapore in 2008, co-supervised
Min-Yen Kan and Professor
Tat-Seng . The topic of my Ph.D thesis is ``Context
Similarity Calculation in Scenario Template Creation''.
My research interests lie mainly within Natural Language Processing,
including Automatic Text
Summarization, Question Answering, Information Extraction, etc.,
of course the related Machine Learning techniques. I have worked on
Co-reference Resolution, Automatic Text
Summarization, Paraphrase Recognition, Sentiment Analysis and
Scenario Template Creation.
- Long Qiu, Min-Yen Kan and Tat-Seng Chua (2008) Modeling Context in Scenario Template Creation, In Proceedings of the Third International Joint Conference on Natural Language Processing (IJCNLP '08), Hyderabad, India. PDF slides
- Long Qiu, Min-Yen Kan and Tat-Seng Chua (2006) Paraphrase Recognition via Dissimilarity Significance Classification, In Proceedings of the Empirical Methods for Natural Language Processing (EMNLP '06), Sydney, Australia, July 2006. PDF
- Shiren Ye, Long Qiu, Tat-Seng Chua and Min-Yen Kan (2005). NUS at DUC 2005: Understanding Documents via Concept Links. In Proceedings of Document Understanding Conference (DUC) 2005, Vancouver, Canada. PDF
- Long Qiu, Min-Yen Kan and Tat-Seng Chua (2004) A Public Reference Implementation of the RAP Anaphora Resolution Algorithm. In Proceedings of the Language Resources and Evaluation Conference 2004 (LREC 04), Lisbon, Portugal. PDF
- Program Committee Member: ACL(08,09), PACLIC(09), CIKM TSA09 workshop, ALTW(07)
|Research Software, Corpus